Friday 16 September 2016

Trenchworx T-28 review

Earlier in the year American manufacturer Trenchworx were kind enough to send me one of their new (at the time) T-28 tanks. The kit is scaled to 1/56 so fits nicely with other 1/56 vehicles such as those produced by the likes of Warlord, JTFM and Rubicon etc. 





Very cleanly cast in a dark grey resin, the the T-28 comes in minimal parts with neat plugs to hold all the parts in place. 


Assembly took around 10 minutes. All the parts fit flawlessly, and it's worth mentioning that the main gun can be magnetised to allow you to switch between the early and late versions. (I glued mine though as I always loose swappable parts). 







Speaking to Nate at Trenchworx the resin they use doesn't require washing, however mine had a bath in the ultra sonic cleaner through force of habit as much as anything else, and was then primed with black automotive primer. This worked very well, and adhered nicely. 









For paints, I used the Vallejo Russian 4BO green paint set, and I discuss this in my Warlord Russian armour review here









 Trenchworx T-28 retails at $38 US, and represents good value for a kit of this quality, with international shipping at $15. 





 


As ever you can find more of my work or contact me regarding commissions at Volley Fire Painting Service, and you can order Trenchworx kits direct from their website.







5 comments:

  1. A great model, and well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Not to my knowledge, I think the only way to get it is to order directly through their website. International shipping's around $15

      Delete