Saturday 2 January 2016

Warlord Games SdKfz251/16 review

This review is as the title may subtley suggest, a look at Warlords new SdKfz 251/16 kit. I've had this for a little while but only recently finished it, so time for a review!









The SdKfz 251/16 was issued from approximately 1943, and was in theory meant to form a flammgruppe of 6 vehicles within each panzer grenadier regiment, with most of them being sent to SS divisions, though I have found it quite difficult to track down who had them, and at what time.


 The 251/16 was used in all theaters the German military found itself operating from 1943 until the end of the war.  An interesting 4 part training video on a Panzer Grenadier force in the attack can be found seen on Youtube

Unsurprisingly this kit is based on Warlords 251/1 Ausf D kit that came out earlier in the year, and contains all the parts present in this earlier release, along with an additional sprue containing the flame throwing equipment, and 2 new crew models. You can read my 251/1 review here










The model is very simple to assemble, I think I had mine together in about 20 minutes or so, and I left the crew figures off until the vehicle was painted. 




 

 I also did a very minor conversion by altering the angle of the front wheels by simply gluing them at a different angle.





 


Painting was done using a pre shading method with my airbrush over a grey primer, and then using Vallejo Middlestone for my Dunkelgelb colour. Weather was applied using artists oils, and MIG pigments

Warlords 251/16 retails at £20, and can be bought here. As ever you can see more of my work at Volley Fire Painting Service



No comments:

Post a Comment