Monday 15 December 2014

Rubicon T34/76 1941 Review

Another week another review! This is the last of the sample kits Rubicon sent me, this time it's Rubicons 1/56 scale T34/76. Like the others it was a blast.

Rubicons T34/76 is a cleverly engineered model allowing you options to build 1941 and 42 models, with a choice of turrets, gun mantlets, hatches, fuel tanks and most spectacularly tracks and road wheels.  With careful building it would be possible to swap all the parts to allow you to create any variant once the model is built. I decided not to do this however, as I knew I wanted a 1941 version, and will be buying more of the kit anyway to fill out my Tank Wars forces for Bolt Action!



The kit was very simple to build, and one of my favourite details was the tracks representing the earlier style with its distinctly different shape to the familiar waffle pattern tracks seen on most T34's. Fit of parts was superb, and I think this may be my favourite kit produced by Rubicon so far.

I painted the model using my Iwata Eclipse airbrush, first priming the model with Plastic Soldier Company German Grey Spray, and then building up layers of colours using Russian Uniform and Green Olive and Golden Olive from the Vallejo paint range. Weathering was done using Games Workshop Agrellan Earth for the mud and Artists Burnt Umber Oil for the panel shading.



I've also included comparison pics with Warlords T34/75 and Die Waffenkammers T34/76 UZTM production turret. All 3 are very nice models, and I'm very happy to say that they fit very well with one another indeed. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them as well though.

























More of Rubicons models can be seen here Rubicon Model, and as always my work can be seen here at Volley Fire Painting Services

No comments:

Post a Comment